Events & Speaking Engagements
Mastering the Art & Science of Emotional Freedom Techniques
Interventions for Crisis and Trauma: Emotional Freedom Techniques is an evidenced based tool that combines cognitive behavior therapy with acupressure to eliminate the root of the problem, not treat the symptoms. This course constitutes 6 contact hours available for social workers, marriage and family therapists, nurses and professional counselors.
The anxiety spectrum exemplifies the disorders where emotions override thought. Fragmented memories get stored in the body. The Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) collapse this uncomfortable emotional and physical reactivity; therefore, freeing a path for spontaneous insights and clearer thinking combined with cognitive behavior therapy. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is a comprehensive mind-body treatment that desensitizes three areas: unwanted thoughts, emotions and physical reactions. EFT combines physical interventions derived from restorative (self-applied) acupressure theory with cognitive interventions. EFT is an evidence-based practice with over 100 published studies. One published study demonstrated a 24% decrease in cortisol (stress hormone) level in the EFT group.
This introductory workshop on Emotional Freedom Techniques – Intervention for Crisis and Trauma, is for social workers, marriage and family therapists, professional counselors and RN’s interested in learning an evidenced based intervention that will quickly quiet the amygdala and lower cortisol for victims of trauma and PTSD. 10 contact hours are available for social workers, nurses, marriage and family therapists and professional counselors through R. Cassidy seminars.
- Explain the origin and efficacy of Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) including peer reviewed, published research.
- Implement self-applied, light touch or tapping on acupoints to calm the amygdala while thinking about traumatic events– to create a desensitize state as measured by continuous dropping of the SUDS level.
- Distinguish that EFT is a mind-body treatment that desensitizes unwanted thoughts, emotions and physical discomfort combined with cognitive behavior therapy concerns of not working outside knowledge base and obtaining ongoing “permission” to use these methods.
- List exploratory questions to elicit the first or worst defining event and how to treat in all manifestation in the past, present and future. Demonstrate combining cognitive behavior therapy with acupoint stimulations for stress, phobias, generalized anxiety and panic.
- State the ethical concerns of not working outside knowledge base and obtaining ongoing “permission” to use these methods.
Date: Click link for details.
Time: Click link for details.
Location: Click link for details.
International Speaking Engagement at the Freedom Global Summit in the Philippines
I recently traveled to Manila to speak at the Freedom Global Summit Asia. It was a life changing event and extremely moving. Here is what the organizer, Ricky Shetty, had to say about his feedback from the event.